Laori Basil Smash
The Gin Basil Smash has done it: Since its creation in 2008, the bright green cocktail has been riding a wave of success that has reached Asia, America and Australia. Growing up through social media, it has its origins in Hamburg, more precisely in the bar Le Lion. The owner Jörg Meyer created the Gin Basil Smash in 2008. Hariolf Sproll, owner of the Ulmer Bar Blueprint also developed a Gin Basil Smash creation. The question of who came first can be answered as easily as the chicken or the egg. By the way, Jörg Meyer left it open in his recipe publication what the cocktail with basil should be called: Next to Gin Basil Smash it said Gin Pesto to choose from. The former has of course become established.
Recipe Gin Basil Smash alcohol-free
- Tumbler and fresh basil leaves for decoration
In just a few steps you have a non-alcoholic Gin Basil Smash in your hand:
- Put the handful of basil leaves into the cocktail shaker and crush the leaves with a pestle to release their aroma
- Then Laori Juniper No 1, lemon juice and sugar syrup with ice cubes in the shaker and shake well
- Use a strainer to hold back the ice in the shaker and strain the alcohol-free Laori Basil Smash into the glass using a bar strainer or fine kitchen sieve.
- Serve with 2-3 fresh basil leaves and enjoy!
What is a smash?
If you're wondering what smash is all about: Smash means when the components of the cocktail are crushed and squeezed out using a pestle in a shaker or mixing glass using circular and pressing movements. We'll now show you how you can enjoy the cocktail with gin and basil alcohol-free: refreshing, delicious and without any intoxication. Then nothing stands in the way of rounds 2, 3 and 4.
Need more Drinkspiration?
Can't get enough of non-alcoholic summer cocktails? Then try our non-alcoholic Hugo cocktail! You can find the recipe here.